NASW Montana Standing Committees and Task Force
Because NASW MT is “All about our members,” NASW Montana members are strongly encouraged to join and participate in at least one of the following standing committees or Clinical Supervision Task Force. Our Committees and task force are literally how NASW Montana serves its Mission and Vision as our “foremost community of professional support.”
The following is a brief overview of each Standing Committee, its chair and purpose(s). Members are encouraged to apply for and participate in one of the following standing committees or clinical supervision task force. NASW MT Committee Application
Social Action and Policy Committee (Legislative Committee)
Chair: Molly Molloy, LCSW: [email protected]
Purpose: This committee is responsible for monitoring, evaluating, recommending and introducing legislation for the purpose of enhancing the profession of social work in Montana and supporting and promoting social justice outcomes for diverse marginalized groups, especially in Montana.
Continuing Education Committee
Chair: Gala Goodman, LCSW: [email protected]
- Identify topics and presenters for 2 continuing education conferences a year to to meet Montana’s social workers and other licensed mental health professional’s CE needs.
- Assures that the 2 LCSW Test Preparation courses meet the needs of “license eligible” social workers in Montana.
- Provide NASW MT members free online NASW Lunch Time Series continuing courses approved by the Montana Board of Social Work Examiners.
Chair: Diane Arkava, LCSW: [email protected]
Purpose: To recruit and retain regular, associate, and student NASW Members, enhancing the value of NASW Membership
Clinical Supervision Task Force
Chair: Kim Gardner, LCSW: [email protected]
- To work with the Montana Licensing Board to effectively implement pre-licensing supervision requirements for LCSW candidates.
- To address continuing education needs of members to provide quality clinical supervision.
Nominations and Leadership Committee
Chair: Currently Vacant
Purpose: To identify and recruit NASW Montana Board member candidates in accordance with NASW Chapter Standards for Nominations & Elections
Chair: Dennis Muri, LCSW: [email protected]
What is PACE (Political Action for Candidate Election)?
PACE is the political action committee of NASW, dedicated to advancing social workers’ public policy goals in campaigns and elections. PACE endorses and contributes to candidates who support NASW policy issues, and mobilizes social workers to vote for PACE-endorsed candidates. NASW Montana PACE endorse state and local legislative candidates, and endorses candidates for statewide elections.
Learn more about Montana PACE:
Learn more about NASW PACE at a national level, and contribute (members only):